- Define an organization’s business, mission, and goals.
- Identify and frame organization growth opportunities.
- Formulate product-market strategies.
- Develop reformulation and recovery strategies.
- Draft a marketing plan.
- Emphasize marketing ethics and social responsibility.
- Identify, match, and evaluate opportunities available to an organization.
- Define the nature of a market.
- Describe the benefits and bases of, and the requirements for effective market segmentation.
- Explain the offering concept and offering mix portfolio.
- Identify and describe the stages in the new-offering development process.
- Describe how the marketing manager modifies the offering mix.
- Identify and describe the stages in the product life cycle.
- Explain the types of positioning strategies.
- Define the concepts of brand and brand equity.
- Explain the types of branding and brand growth strategies.
- Describe how brand equity is created as well as its value to organizations.
- Describe the practice and framework of integrated marketing communications.
- Select the appropriate communication approach based on an offering’s marketing strategy and life cycle.
- Explain the process of how buyers purchase an offering
- Compare a push versus a pull communication strategy.
- Describe the role intermediaries have in the marketing channel selection process.
- Discuss how organizations modify marketing channel decisions
- Describe the pricing strategies available to a marketing manager
- Identify the reasons organizations chose to market their offerings outside their home country.
- Explain the four general modes for entering and competing in foreign markets.